I have new pictures of several projects, today. First, my Wool Noggins hat, which is hat 4 in my Hat a Week Project. This hat was so easy and fast to knit! It only took about two hours, and I was able to finish it completely during Peanut’s nap Sunday afternoon.
I have also gotten a lot done on my mom’s sleeveless shell. Right now I have finished the entire lace pattern of the front piece of the shirt, but I don’t have pictures of that. I do have pictures of half the lace next to the original shirt I made, and also a picture of what the pattern in the magazine looks like.
I have also started working on a new pair of ankle socks using some scrap yarn I had in my stash. This sock pattern almost got thrown out after I made the first half of the first sock and I realized the sock was huge! I followed the pattern and used the right size needle and yarn, but I didn’t check my gauge. Apparently I was knitting too loosely and the sock was over-sized. I unraveled it Sunday night and started it over. By Monday night I had a nice fitting sock, and it looks like I may have enough yarn to complete both socks. I was getting worried that I might have to have different colored toes on them. This is a picture of the over-sized sock that I ripped out. I will take pictures of the new version of the socks soon.