I have not worked on anything else but my brother’s Transformers blanket. So far, I have managed to finish 3 of ten balls of yarn. Two balls are still brand new, and the rest have been used for one square each. I can get three squares from each ball, so by the time I finish the ten balls of yarn I should have 30 squares.
I will try to get a picture of what all the squares look like together, but I have to wait til the sun comes out to take the pictures. I have also started knitting my garter stitch cardigan, but it isn’t much to photograph seeing that I have only completed the first four rows.
I am considering unraveling my Relm hat, since it was very big, and I don’t see myself really wearing it. I plan on knitting up a small beanie and using the rest of the yarn I have to make a scarf. I haven’t decided on a pattern for the scarf. It will either be a ribbed scarf, or a lacy scarf. I won’t be starting anything new until I finish my brother’s blanket.
My mom came to visit this past Wednesday and I got to hang out with her and my brother. It was pretty fun. We went to Luby’s for lunch and then stopped at the Yarn Barn for some yarn shopping. He wanted some washcloths for computer dusting so I agreed to make them for him. I bought a green yarn. I think the camera didn’t do any justice to the color. I like to think of it as a Christmas green, but it looks a lot lighter in the pictures.
Here is how small the ball was, which made me unsure of whether I was going to be able to finish both the cloths. I finished both cloths on Friday. I think all the ribbing in the Marlene socks has helped me knit faster. I can transition between knits and purls a lot easier now, and having a row counter was helpful. I didn’t have to put my knitting down after each row to write down the rows I complete. Here are some pics of the yarn, the Autobot dishcloth, and the Transformers dishcloth. If you didn’t know already, these are the two symbols for the good guys and the bad guys from The Transformers.
As payment for knitting the dishcloths my brother let me choose a yarn for myself. I picked a Hand Maiden Casbah sock yarn in Cedar. I think I am going to make myself some Monkey socks, but first I have to finish my Marlene socks. The Marlene socks are almost done. Today, I turned the heel on the second sock. Tomorrow I will finish the gusset and hopefully the majority of the foot.
This week I also finished up a new cardigan. I used the Pinguino Super Bulky to make the Fairly Easy Fair Isle Cardigan from Stitch ‘n Bitch Nation by Debbie Stoller. I omitted the fair isle part, but it still looks very nice. I will post pictures of the finished product just as soon as I put some buttons on it.
I also started another big project on Thursday. My SIL is having a little boy next month, so I am crocheting a big granny square afghan for her. I finished the center square, and now I have to go to Joann’s to get more yarn. I am using the Red Heart Soft Yarn, and hopefully I will be able to find a nice match to this avocado color.
That’s it for now. I will try to finish a few things before the end of next week, including my Marlene socks, the baby blanket, and lacy scarf (that I have not even started yet, but hope to start soon).
Here are some pics of my the front half of my mom’s sleeveless shell. I have finished all the lace, and am now working the boring stockinette stitch. I am eager to finish boring St st so that I can start the lace for the back of the shell.
I finally took a picture of the Finding Nemo fish hat! It has been finished for a while, I just need to wash it now (notice how it doesn’t hang down in the back). Once I get the hat washed the yarn will soften up and it will look a lot better.
I am really excited about my pompom peds. I was afraid to run out of yarn, so I stopped knitting the first sock and put it on a circular needle for now. Meanwhile, I have started knitting the second sock on the dpns. I wish I had two sets of size 2 dpns so that I could knit the socks at the same time, but I don’t really NEED the extra sets of dpns. Hmm… once I start knitting more socks I will have to ask for double sets for Christmas or something. Anyhow, Here is where I am on the socks so far.
The Transformers Afghan is taking a while, but now I am taking my time on it. When I started making it I was stressed out about finishing it quickly, but I realized that as soon as I finish it I will want to make another large project, and I can’t d that for two reasons. One, I don’t have a pattern for anything large that I want to make. Two, I can’t afford to buy yarn for any large projects. The first picture is of an Autobot square, and the second picture is of five Decepticon squares on one circular needle. I don’t know why I didn’t think about knitting more than one square at a time. I thought that I would get my yarn tangled, but I placed each ball of yarn in a separate bag. Problem solved, no tangles!