Here are some pics of my the front half of my mom’s sleeveless shell. I have finished all the lace, and am now working the boring stockinette stitch. I am eager to finish boring St st so that I can start the lace for the back of the shell.
I finally took a picture of the Finding Nemo fish hat! It has been finished for a while, I just need to wash it now (notice how it doesn’t hang down in the back). Once I get the hat washed the yarn will soften up and it will look a lot better.
I am really excited about my pompom peds. I was afraid to run out of yarn, so I stopped knitting the first sock and put it on a circular needle for now. Meanwhile, I have started knitting the second sock on the dpns. I wish I had two sets of size 2 dpns so that I could knit the socks at the same time, but I don’t really NEED the extra sets of dpns. Hmm… once I start knitting more socks I will have to ask for double sets for Christmas or something. Anyhow, Here is where I am on the socks so far.
The Transformers Afghan is taking a while, but now I am taking my time on it. When I started making it I was stressed out about finishing it quickly, but I realized that as soon as I finish it I will want to make another large project, and I can’t d that for two reasons. One, I don’t have a pattern for anything large that I want to make. Two, I can’t afford to buy yarn for any large projects. The first picture is of an Autobot square, and the second picture is of five Decepticon squares on one circular needle. I don’t know why I didn’t think about knitting more than one square at a time. I thought that I would get my yarn tangled, but I placed each ball of yarn in a separate bag. Problem solved, no tangles!
I have completed the Finding Nemo Hat, fins and all! The hat was supposed to be for Peanut, but he doesn’t let me put it on his head. However, he loves it when I wear it, so I think I will keep it for myself. There is a lot of orange, white, and black yarn left over. I am planning to make more hats with the yarn, perhaps a Halloween theme hat or trick-or-treat bag for Peanut.
Week Three of my Hat a Week Project is still undecided. I know that I will use purple yarn, but I have no idea what kind of hat I want to make. I can either make a bulky beret, a lacy beret, or a beanie. I hate to wear beanies, though, because they make my hair so frizzy in the winter. I think I will go with something that fits loosely.
I am almost done knitting the Finding Nemo hat. On Saturday I went to a knit meetup and I completely lost count of what I was doing! Sunday morning I had to unravel and backtrack about 2 inches when I realized that my center white stripe was way too wide. After that the hat knitted up very quickly. I changed the tail to look more like a clown fish’s tail, and then I added the fin on top of the head. The eyes are also on, and all I need are the two fins for the sides. It wouldn’t make sense to put fins on the bottom, so I won’t be including any. Here are some pictures. Enjoy! 🙂
I am working on next week’s hat early. I am using the Fish (Dead or Alive) pattern from knitty.com. I have done a lot of math calculations and internet research on the stripes of clown fish. So far I have four pages of notes, and I have completed about 5 inches or so. After the first stripe pattern I was amazed by how awesome the pattern is. No wonder more than 860 of these hats have been made. And that is just the amount of projects that were posted on Ravelry since the pattern came out in the Fall 2008 issue of Knitty. I am sure a lot of people who aren’t on Ravelry have also made it. Here are pics of what I have so far. It rained yesterday so the daylight was horrible for picture taking, sorry.
I also have some new socks on the needles. Yay! I am using Bernat Satin Sport on size US 3 needles. So far I have worked a few rows of the cuff on the first sock. I really like the pattern, it is a lacy pattern I found online. I have yet to post it on ravelry so I don’t know where I got it from exactly. I will post the website once I post the pictures.
Finally, I have decided to make a chunky tam from the Knit.1 Fall Winter 2008 issue. Yes, it’s the issue with the missing pages, but luckily this pattern is complete. I will use Red Heart Super Solids in Dark Orchid for this hat. I need to add purple to my wardrobe. I noticed that I only have one purple shirt, and it’s too big for me to wear (was a Christmas gift from someone who must think I am huge). This hat will have to wait til I finish Peanut’s hat.
I think that’s it for today, but if not I will post more tomorrow. OH! I just remembered that I am going to a Knit Night Potluck tomorrow! I am super excited about that. I am going to make a pasta salad and maybe take cookies. I also have to remember to take a folding chair. Since it rained all day yesterday and today I think the chair might have gotten wet. Hopefully it will be dry enough to take. And I hope it isn’t stinky. Nobody wants to sit in a chair that smells like wet towel. EEEWWW!!!