Tag Archives: trekking

Rainy Day Goodies!

Wow, it has finally rained here!  It really caught us by surprise yesterday at four-thirty-ish.  I was on my way to Yarnivore for knit night when I felt some sprinkles on my cheek.  By the time I got to the highway the rain was pounding on the roof of my truck!  Luckily the rain had slowed down near the store, so I didn’t get too wet.  Knit Night was fun, and productive since I got to finish all five of the decepticon squares last night.  Today it was raining when I woke up, so I decided to stay in and knit the day away.  I finished my ankle socks, and at about three I found out that some yarn had came in for me from Kate.  It was an awesome package of four 7 oz. balls of chunky yarn.  I knitted up a gauge swatch and realized that it will make a thick garment.  I think it will make something very nice, since the colorway is really nice. 

Here are the socks I made.  I used the Pom Pom Peds pattern from the Purl Bee website, and the yarn was a trekking yarn I got from a thrift store last summer.  I took pictures with different backgrounds to show how the different colors stand out.

Beige carpet makes the blue pop. 

May 2009 002

Peanut’s Alphabet carpet makes the black pop.

May 2009 024

The wood linoleum in my kitchen makes the orange pop.

May 2009 021

Here is what was left of the yarn after I finished the socks.  Not much for anything.

May 2009 016

Here is the yarn I got in the mail today.  As soon as I opened the box I ran for my camera. 

May 2009 015

 Here’s a nice close up of the yarn.May 2009 019

Knitted a gauge swatch with size US 10 needles, 17 sts and 19 rows.

This is a blurry picture, but it shows the color best, without the flash.May 2009 079

 This is what it looks like with the flash on the camera on.  Not as nice.

May 2009 069

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Knitting

New Project Pics

I have new pictures of several projects, today.  First, my Wool Noggins hat, which is hat 4 in my Hat a Week Project.  This hat was so easy and fast to knit!  It only took about two hours, and I was able to finish it completely during Peanut’s nap Sunday afternoon. 

 

I have also gotten a lot done on my mom’s sleeveless shell.  Right now I have finished the entire lace pattern of the front piece of the shirt, but I don’t have pictures of that.  I do have pictures of half the lace next to the original shirt I made, and also a picture of what the pattern in the magazine looks like. 

 

I have also started working on a new pair of ankle socks using some scrap yarn I had in my stash.  This sock pattern almost got thrown out after I made the first half of the first sock and I realized the sock was huge!  I followed the pattern and used the right size needle and yarn, but I didn’t check my gauge.  Apparently I was knitting too loosely and the sock was over-sized.  I unraveled it Sunday night and started it over.  By Monday night I had a nice fitting sock, and it looks like I may have enough yarn to complete both socks.  I was getting worried that I might have to have different colored toes on them.  This is a picture of the over-sized sock that I ripped out.  I will take pictures of the new version of the socks soon.

1 Comment

Filed under Hat a Week Project, Knitting